Thursday, August 30, 2012

Corbin's first day of School

Im way behind on here but we'll see if now that Corbin is in school I can get some stuff done.  Corbin is in Pre-K 3 at St. Helen's Catholic School.  Corbin was in need of a little structure and so we felt as though a full on Pre-K program would be best for him.  He goes 2 days a week which is plenty for now.  Maybe next year we will move up to 3 days.  He only went once this week because Monday was open house, and next week will be the same because Monday is a holiday.. so we are easing in.  The teacher said he did wonderful his first day other than not napping (he does nap but the school naps a lot earlier than he is used to). I was in line to pick him up very early becasue I was so anxious to see him.. and the feeling was mutual.  I love that little guy.  Here are a couple pictures of him on his first day!


 We gave his teacher a starbucks gift card and a bag of organic dried apples from starbucks (bc this mom forgot to buy an apple!)   She seemed to like them =)
He was a little nervous to be left but he did great.  When I picked up he went on and on about loving school, so it made me very happy.  He loved his new friends and all the people he met.  It made me realize why Im doing this.  Opposite of Corbin, I had a terrible day.  I was worried sick and cried off and on all day at the thought of my baby being away from me.  So him loving it made me feel like it was worth it.   I love my boy!!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment