Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Pictures, Pictures, Pictures....

So, most of you know that I dabble in photography and co-own a little business.  Its been over 2 years now that I've been playing with this.  It has been tons of fun and I have learned SO SO much since then.  It started when corbin was just about a year old.  I had just gotten my first 'fancy camera' and we were having our Christmas pictures/ Corbin's bday pictures done by the amazing Sabrina K Photography.  I was asking Sabrina all kinds of questions about picture taking and so on and so forth.  A few days later, Sabrina sent me the sweetest email in the world (Sabrina- no I will never forget it!!) about how I reminder her of herself when she first started.  So, I started dabbling.  Not making much but dabbling.  I got a wedding almost right away and my business partner in Austin came in to help.  Now, before you start thinking I do weddings, I DONT!  I have NO intentions of EVER doing a wedding because it makes me a nervous wreck.  however if you do need a wedding done, my partner does them and would love to work with you!.  


Anyways, I started getting people to ask if I would take there pictures.  And there it went.  Our business was growing a little.  But really at that point, I was lucky to have 1 session a month.  Then about six months ago before the holidays this year, I had my first rush!  I was having to schedule people during the week because I didnt have any openings on the weekends and so on.  And it continued.  In the past week, I have had 3 sessions.  Now not every week is like that but it does happen often enough.  Its been crazy, but good!  Im loving having something to do to keep my brain moving a little while I stay at home with my kids and the ability to schedule when its convenient for me and my kids is so nice.  Here is a little of my recent work.  I look forward to continuing to grow and continuing to produce better and better pictures.  This has been one of the funnest adventures in my life. =)  If you need any work done, please feel free to email me at deana@picturemechic.com

A special thanks to Sabrina Koogler for all the advice and everything given to me to start a business.  I can only pray that one day I will be half as talented as she is!










Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment