Thursday, November 29, 2012

Imperfections

It's so easy with the world of Facebook and blogs to think that people are perfect and you are not. I know I see people that I think are perfect based on the posts on FB and/or their blog posts. I'm sure that people look at mine and think the same. However I and everyone else are not perfect, in fact, I am far from it.

The reality is that people (including me) don't run to Facebook and post everything bad or imperfect that they do. I sure as heck don't get on and post 'I just yelled at my kid for doing something wrong', or 'I actually sat on the bench instead of playing with Corbin at the park, because I was tired'. Those are just things that don't make it's way to my FB or my blog on a daily basis. I talk about the exciting and fun parts of my life, which is the other part of the time, like today, where the boys and I played chase for an hour at the park, or the days where I find my patience doing well and I don't have to get on to my kids at all.

My kids are not perfect or prodigies either, however I'm sure I don't say that very often on Facebook. And I don't see people post about how terrible their kids are very often either. In fact, every day on FB I see pictures and posts about kids doing phenomenal things that most kids their age don't do. I mean, they are our kids, so we have a tendency to brag and to have a bias. Which, why not? We love them! However, I do not have child prodigies and probably not many (or at all) of my friend's kids are either. So, I have to remember not to compare my kids to people's kids on FB. They are just kids !! Sweet, gorgeous ones, but kids all the same!

I find it so hard to look at other people's posts and not think how wonderful and perfect they are. It's really hard for me to realize that they are humans with real lives and real problems of their own. And I hope that none of my friends think that I am perfect either! Because, the reality is, that I am not. I lose my temper, I get into arguments with my husband, I yell at my kids at times, I allow too many electronics on days that I just don't feel like being on my 'a' game, and I don't always have my make up and fancy clothes on!

However, the reality is that it's my life, and I will always try to do better, but I know I will never be perfect. I love my life, and wouldn't change the people in it for the world. My husband can work to much and loose his tempter, my kids throw fits and don't always listen, and my family has drama. It's just life! So when things are going good, I will continue to share, and I still will not put all my drama and bad moments on FB however, you can know that I am not perfect and would never claim to be. And I will continue to try to remember to not compare my life and kids with those other people who have the same tendency to only post the perfect moments.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! Everyone has their off days! Being a Mom/Human is not glamorous. We are fortunate to have more good than bad but who doesn't get mad at their kid for being bad, get into a disagreement with their husband or complain about him making some mess around the house? Lol. We all just tend to post all the good online. Things that make us excited. No one wants to hear the rants or we would look like a complainer and a Debbie Downer. All kids develop at different rates . While other kids might be jumping up and down on one foot, or whatever, mine isn't. She will eveentually though, she also took forever to walk. She's really vocal though . All kids have their strong points and weaknesses, just like adults. I tried to think of it that way when she still wasn't walking but saying a bunch of words already.

    ReplyDelete