Friday, November 30, 2012

Nights off

I have a serious case of anxiety every time I leave my kids for more than just a trip to the store. I know they are in safe hands, and I know they have what they need, however I just can't but think that they will think I'm abandoning them, or that I will miss something. I have this feeling like my fun should not come before theirs. And I truthfully feel like I will have TONS of nights to my self when they are grown and out of the house. And that is a fact. I don't want to miss all the little things now for my own personal enjoyment. They are my kids, right?

However, with that being said , next weekend is Clynt's company Christmas party and I find myself more excited than ever to leave my kids with their grandparents. I mean I have a reason to dress up really nice, get to know Clynt's bosses (who asked us to sit at their table!), and to spend the night at the Hilton downtown where the party is at. I'm very proud of clynt and everything he has accomplished at his company and I feel like I know nothing about the people he works with and I am actually very excited (and nervous) to meet these people and be able to put a face with the names. I knew people at his last company but since he moved to this one, I know no one. So anyways!! I'm excited to have a night off and be in a pretty dress, fantastic new Stella and dot jewelry, and have my hubs in a sports coat and tie to match :)

But back to what I was talking about. I'm not one of those moms who leave their kids with grandparents every weekend to just go out, but I am trying to recognize that I do need a night off every once in a while. I'm on the clock 24/7, so a night a month off can't be bad for me, or the kids, right?

1 comment:

  1. Fun! Joe actually used to work for the Hilton Americas in downtown and we went to his fancy company party there a few years ago, all dressed up. We sat with all the lead HR people and it was great getting to know all of them after hearing so much. I love fancy parties. haha. Have a great time! We love his job now but their only party is a company picnic in the fall because it's SOO hectic there in the winter :/

    ReplyDelete