Sunday, June 9, 2013

Energy

7 years ago, I found out I had hypothyroidism. Which was no big deal and I didn't need much medication. Every few months though, I needed to go to the doctor because I was flat exhausted. While pregnant, it was checked even more often than that. Almost every single time it was checked, It was wrong, and they had to add more meds. Last year, I decided to go to an endocrinologist to find out why we couldn't get this under control! He did some labs and I have Hashimotos, which is an auto immune disorder that attacks your thyroid, eventually causing you to not have a functioning thyroid. At this point, my thyroid doesn't work at all, which may sound bad, but it's not at all. For a full year and a half now, I have been on the same dosage because it doesn't vary any more. And I should get to take the same amount for the rest of my life. I feel great!

Add that with my loss of almost 30 pounds and I have more energy than I've had since I was a teenager. It's been amazing!

With the extra energy, I'm able to do so much more with my kids, around my house, and even for myself. Life has gotten so much easier since I have the energy to accomplish everything on my to do list. My kids don't watch near as much tv and they have almost no iPad time anymore, because we spend our time playing. We play with Legos, trains, and do science experiments and all kinds of stuff. I just realized how much more of a mom I can be and how much more I love my life. I love that I can have a clean house and happy kids and I can cherish all this time so much more when I don't feel like I'm going to pass out the whole day. I don't have to lay down and leave my kids to their electronics. I am willing to take them swimming by myself and do.other things I wouldn't have normally done because of how much work it is. I'm just feeling so blessed and cherishing these moments so much more! Having energy from my more healthy life has just been flat amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment