Thursday, August 22, 2013

And the hubs caves...

I've been running for about 6 months now and clynt has been super supportive but shown little interest in going me.  About a month ago a friend gave us a double jogging stroller and so he went running with me and the kids for the first time.  We went about 3 times and then it stopped for vacation and so on and so on.  Last week he asked if we could go again and I said of course!  After several times of 1.5-2 miles I explained to him that I had to start training.  I have several short races coming up and then my half (13 miles) in January and possibly another half in December. So I need to be doing 3-4 miles several times a week to keep my endurance up a little so I can start increasing soon.  He didnt think he would get through 3 bc he has never run more than 2 and that was in the military 10 years ago.   However, he made it.  Now we are doing 3.1 (gotta add the .1 and make it a 5k, right?!).  

Since he is now running with me regularly, I surprised him with any runners favorite gift, A PAIR OF RUNNING shoes.. And just because I'm a Gel Nimbus girl, I decided he deserved a nice pretty pair too!!  :). He was shocked, but he is a huge fan of the colors :)

Also, in honor of my new favorite running mate, I signed us up for 2 races together.  2 that I know he will love! The Texans Football running with the bulls, and the Duck Dynasty Duck Dash.  I mean what men wouldn't like those 2 runs?!

But really, all money spending aside, running with my husband is more than just new shoes and races.  We talk about our day, talk to the kids, teach the kids about staying fit, relive stress together, challenge each other, and spend an hour as a family is no electronics or anything to get in the way.  It has taken me from running against a clock to running slow in order to make it more about a nice time with my family making healthy choice.  Our time isn't great since we are talking and pushing a stroller, but the time is so well spent.

Loving life!

No comments:

Post a Comment