Thursday, December 6, 2012

My dreams..

When I was little, I wanted to be an attorney. Up through my sophomore year In college I wanted to be an attorney. I did not want kids (or at least not more than1), I never wanted to cook, clean or do anything domestic. I just wanted to be a successful business attorney and meet a doctor, lawyer, or engineer (by that i was just thinking some one with a serious career to match my attorney-hood) that was big on his profession also. Then, I met Clynt.. I was still in college and still had dreams of having a very successful career and Clynt was soon graduating with his engineering degree, so part of my plans was coming to life (remember the marry an engineer part?). We soon were engaged and living together while planning our wedding. He was able to pay for our living and I was working at the neighborhood center, our church, and going to school full time for my business degree. We got married while I was still in college And were pregnant a few months later. We were soooo excited, but we both had different plans. I wanted to graduate, get a good job, and send my kid to daycare and wrack up a bank account and debt to live the American dream. He wanted me to not get a job once I had my degree and be a housewife and mom. Hahaha. I was NOT doing that! Ever!! So I got my job and was working and sending Corbin to day care. A few months into I realized that was not the life I wanted. At all!! But now we had debt and a lifestyle that simply worked better with our two incomes. Sooo we had to back track our lives a little. And pay off the debt and change our life styles and lower our bills a lot. So when Corbin was 15 months I quit my job. To have a life that I NEVER wanted. NOW, I would not change it for the world. I love all things domestic. i cook, i clean, i do bills, i do crafts, i do it all and i love it! (well, most of the time!). NOW, my dreams are to never work another day in my life. And clynt's hopes for me are now different. He wants me to go back to work when the kids are in school. I wonder who will win that battle?

Next blog I hope to write today will be about being married to an engineer. And sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment