Thursday, April 4, 2013

It's booked!

Clynt has a conference coming up in Las Vegas for an engineering standards something something something (I don't speak engineer, so I'm not positive what in the world it is!). He is going to be gone 3 nights and asked for me to go with. I was scared to pieces. I have left my boys a few times over night, but I've never gone a whole day without seeing them, nor have I had a desire to! And the reality is that clynt will be working the whole time he is there other than 1 night and the other night is a dinner that spouses are invited to. So, it took a lot of thinking on my end to decide if it was worth going.

Finally, I decided I would fly out the day after him and only be gone for 2 nights and really there will only be one day I don't see the boys! I think that will be doable! And, I decided that even though I won't be spending the whole time with my husband, that is 100% okay. I'm not sure if I have EVER. IN MY LIFE. Gone out of town and not had to plan anything around anyone. I will have 2.5 days of the pool, books, the gym, and really anything I want. I will have an airplane ride to read, nap, play games or whatever I want! I mean after thinking about it a while, it didn't take my brainy husband to tell me it would not be a bad idea. We spent some extra dollars in order for me to be sure I will see the boys the morning I leave and the afternoon we return. So it is really only 1 day that I won't see their handsome faces. Im scared to pieces to leave them, but some freedom for a few days sounds so relaxing, I cannot contain myself!

Plus- I'm looking forward to a couple fancy dinners with my husband and maybe an afternoon at the spa. How can I go wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment