Friday, April 5, 2013

Parent/teacher conference

This morning I was quite nervous to go to Corbin's parent teacher conference. Clynt was working but my dad watched the boys and up to the school I went. All the parents had appointments today, so it wasn't something that was because of behavior. However, I was still nervous.

I mean, let's get real. While, I've always thought Corbin is smart, he generally doesn't sit still for more than...hmmmm... 2 seconds! And, he definitely knows how to test his boundaries with me. So, I thought that he would be the same in school and that her conversation with me would be about maturity level and such.

I walk in the room and sit in her tiny little kids chairs, and she starts the conversation "I'm sure you know that Corbin is advanced.". At this point I feel like jumping out of my seat in joy. Not because I didn't realize he was smart, but because the first thing out of her mouth was not "I'm sure you have realized that Corbin can't sit still!". Lol. So good start, right? Well, it just kept getting better. She talked about how he has only received one sad face all year and that he follows directions great and that, while he needs some time to wear off energy, he is capable of handling and mastering everything they give him to do. Without boring you with all of the things he has mastered and bragging on him too much (but, really, what mom doesn't want to brag on their kids?!), ill just say it went well. We are still in limbo on where Corbin will go next year but, she reassured me that Corbin will have the ability to thrive in any program. It made my decision making much less stressful.

Here are some pictures I got of his. Before and after for writing his name, and being able to make great patterns in a line. There are a ton more, but I don't think it's necessary to put 1000 pictures on here.

I love my big boy!







No comments:

Post a Comment