Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Life!

I have realized recently that we have something going on every.single.weekend for the next 2 months.  How is that even possible?  We have runs, vacations; parties, and so on...  This time of year gets crazy!

This weekend is the Texans run.  We get to run through the bull at the end of the run.  Our boys are joining us in the stroller and are so very much looking forward to it!  (This picture is from last weekend, when clynt and I got to go to the texans v. Titans game.  What a fabulous game to have been at!)

We also are heading to Shreveport for the duck dynasty run next month.  Our boys got beards/hats to join on that red neck run.  Corbin even wore hit to dinner last night.  The boy loves duck dynasty.  Every day he amazes me in how much he is like his dad.


Also in the next few weeks is my sisters baby shower that I'm planning.  I can't believe we will have a girl around soon!

That's just some of my weekends.  I love being busy and getting to do so many fun things with our boys, but I do look forward to a quiet weekend at home at some point as well.   

Our guys are now 2 and 4 (and almost 5).  Corbin is doing absolutely amazing in school.  He is a really smart little dude and really enjoys learning.  He amazes me every day in his abilities.  I cannot wait to see him in 5 years, 10 years, or even 20 years.  Every month he is a completely different child.  When he was 2.5 and completely rambunctious and I was pulling my hair out, my friend told me to not worry about it because a few months later things would be totally different.  Then, I didn't listen well and I totally did not embrace the madness, but now, I realize how right she was.  While Corbin can still be lively at times, he also holds doors for girls, listens to teachers, sits and reads, smiles at people when he knows it will make them feel better, hugs his brother (in between the sibling fighting) more than I could imagine, tells me he loves me 100x a day, and can just be one of the most love little boys ever.  He is still ALL boy but man has he transformed from his terrible twos days..

And Garrett.  I'm not sure anyone but me has ever seen his terrible twos side.  If he does something wrong, he most definitely still has a way to steal your heart.  He is potty training now (I forgot how much I loved that! :/ ). He can carry on full conversations and knows more every day.  He also knows how to get his way from people.  He is always available for a good laugh.  I'm loving wtching him grow and cannot believe that I will soon be applying him for prek 3 for next year! 

Life lately is fun.  Trying to embrace this phase of our lives has been a challenge, as we are always thinking about a year from now.. However, I know I will miss the innocence of our boys when they are 15!

No comments:

Post a Comment