Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Armor

Being a stay at home in the summer is both amazing and stressful.  There are definitely plenty of days where I get them to bed a need a drink to unwind.  But there are also SO many days where I learn so much about my kids and I realize how amazing in love and blessed I am.

This summer, our bible verse we have decided to study is "put on the whole armor of God that you may be able to stand against the scenes of the devil". It's the sweetest thing in the world to watch your kids memorize scripture.  Corbin has to memorize for a grade at school but being able to teach it to them is so much more rewarding.  While teaching this to them (and learning plenty my self), our pastor spoke on the same scripture, and then in the bible study I'm personally doing right now (girls with swords... It's amazing!!) also speaks on the same thing.  I've been hit on all sides with the importance of this scripture, which has made it incredible.  After trying to focus on this, it became even more aware that I need to know Way more about scripture than I currently did in order to combat  satan on a daily basis. 


So, right now I'm in a phase of learning, growing and being a better me.  Gosh I have a long way to go and I will never in my life be perfect but daily I need to focus on becoming more and more like Him.

In our summer series at church we have learned about finding our purpose.  Between that and all of these moments I have had with my kids, I have realized how important it is to me that our next generation learn more and more how to be the hands and feet of Christ.  If my kids learn at a very early age how to put on the armor of God and be His hands and feet, the world is so much more likely to be a better place for him.  So I'm helping to start a ministry at our church for helping families find ways to volunteer together. (Part of the important part is them seeing me serve too!).  Tomorrow we are going to the food bank again.  Here are some pictures from the last time we went.  Corbin loved it and is really starting to get it.  

Being a mom and a role model these little people is such a blessing but also such a responsibility.   I love these little guys more than they will ever know and I hope at least one thing I do brings them some kind of happiness and peace in their life as they grow old. 

No comments:

Post a Comment