Tuesday, June 1, 2010

What is a blog??

Dang, I am out of it lately. For those of you who have not kept up, I broke my wrist playing softball about a month ago. 3 weeks ago, i had to have surgery on it and it included 10-12 screws and a plate inside my wrist. I am still doing hand therapy, and am still not capable of holing Corbin with 2 hands. But things are gradually getting sooo much better. At first, I was unable to even change a diaper or shower myself. I gradually graduated to being able to change disposable diapers and as of yesterday, I am changing cloth diapers again. My movement, according to the hand therapist, is very good for only being a few weeks out, and my strength is gradually coming back. The reality is that full range of motion will take about 2 years to get back, but hopefully within the next month, I will be able to at least do everything I was able to do before. I am hardly sleeping at all because my arm gets uncomfortable and/or I hit it and it hurts! So the therapist has been trying all different techniques. I have been wearing a splint/brace at night, then she had me wearing a glove thing underneath that for swelling and in turn pain. That worked for about 1 night and then it now doesnt work. I just got a new brace that isnt doesnt have splints in it and she is hoping that that will help me. We will see, I am sick of no sleep!

Ok, Im sick of talking about my arms. Let's talk babies! I LOVE babies and have had 3 good friends have babies in the last month! I am loving getting to see them! In fact, I think we are going to see one of them tonight =) and we saw 1 yesterday! And I think 1 of them on Wednesday! I LOVE IT! I am getting the baby bug bad and I think Clynt is too. We were thinking that we would try soon, but with the whole operation on my arm and all and the expense of all that, we are waiting to see what we will do. Ill keep yall posted though! Corbin is now 17 months old, and we want several kiddos and want them between 2-3 years apart, and now that I am staying home with them, it would be a good time to start trying, so we will see how the next few months unfold =)

This weekend was soo much fun! Clynt had a 4 day weekend and Corbin and I were sooo excited! To start we left Thursday night to go see Clynt's mom and Steve and then we came back Friday night. While there we went into college station and just mainly spent good time with Steve's family from Ireland and Clynt's Mom and Steve. Good stuff. Then we got up on Saturday and went to see Clynt's dad in Surfside. That, too, was fun. Clynt and I went and walked along the beach while Corbin napped, and we were able to spend some time with Clynt's Dad, Charlye, and some of their friends. Good stuff. Then on Sunday I worked at the church and then Clynt and I had lunch at my dad's house and Corbin swam a little. Corbin LOVES the water! Then we came home and cooked for our friends Corey and Ashley. We are loving getting to know them and really enjoyed their company that night. Monday we got up and went to lunch at my dad's again, and then came home and rested! Then, we went swimming with Corey and Ashley in their new subdivision pool, which was AWESOME for Corbin because it had a HUGE kiddie area! LOVE IT! Then we went and saw our friend's Holly and Kris's little one that was born on Saturday. We had been trying to get over to see them all weekend and things kept coming up so we are glad that we were able to get over their to see them :) I wish that the weekend would have been a little bit longer so that we could have made it out to Rosenberg to see a bunch of our much missed friends, but hopefully Wednesday we will get to see them all!

So now that I have caught you all up on our life, I will try am blog tomorrow about Corbin and his love for blondes =)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment