Thursday, October 14, 2010

Life is so good

Life has been going great lately.  I am still waiting on some of my test results to come in based on findings from my colonoscopy, but for some reason I have a sense of blissfulness.  I have been in prayer and I know that God will only give me what I can handle.

Isaiah 26:3
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

Corbin-
Corbin is talking a whole lot more every single day.  it amazes me some of the words he knows.  I wouldn't change being at home with him for the world.  I LOVE watching him every single day learning.  He can now put up to three words together, his favorite is "Thank you, momma", or "daddy", or "meme", or whoever.  He has really gotten better at his manners.    The potty training thing is going okay.  Since he won't be 2 for a few more months, I am not forcing anything, it is all about when he wants to go.  Yesterday he said "poopoo daddy" and so Clynt took him to the toilet and he went.  yAh!  The other day, he took his pants and diaper off and ran into the bathroom and help up the "big boy" (our) toilet seat, but he couldnt reach to put it all the way up so he just stoof there holding it, and he started peeing.  This would be excellent, although, Corbin is much shorter than the "big boy" toilet so he pee'd all of the bottom of the toilet and the floor.  But Im still happy that he was going to the toilet.  He wants to be EXACTLY like his daddy.  It is soo sweet to watch.  I just love it!

So, I have started getting into Christmas shopping.  I am trying to get it all done early so that we don't have all this shopping to do last minute.  Plus being that Corbin's birthday party and everything will be in December, I want to be able to focus on that and not Christmas shopping.  Christmas shopping would be pretty simple, BUT did we ever mention that we have 9 nieces and a nephew to shop for, plus a step-niece and nephew also.  That is ALOT of kids!  Plus then we have my family.  So, it is a lot of shopping and a LOT of money too.  The more I spread it out, the better we are. =)

I also wanted to say that I was boo hooing yesterday while watching the miners all get returned safely to their families.  What a HUGE blessing.  God is SOOOOO good!!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Ornaments are a good present alternative. When they're older they might appreciate them more, and they'll have their own special ornaments for their tree when they grow up.

    You could even make them too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Potty training sounds awesome.
    I cant wait.
    -Ben

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalie- That is a great idea! I want to do more crafty gifts for people, and i want Corbin to help too!

    Ben- Potty Training is a blast! haha... Just let them go at their own speed =)

    ReplyDelete