Monday, October 4, 2010

What a week!

Sorry it has been a whole week since I have posted on the blog.  It has been quite a busy one. For starters,  I started experiencing a lot of bleeding, and it continued Tuesday so I went to the GI doctor.  I was informed that I needed to get a colonoscopy.  YUCK!! But that meant that I could not eat AT ALL on Wednesday and I had to drink a GALLON of laxatives along with 4 other pills.  It was a HORRIBLE day.  I had to send Clynt and Corbin over to my parents house to eat dinner because at that point I was starving and smelling food would have about killed me! So my test was Thursday morning.  I had to be sedated and then when I woke up, it was over.  They did find several things that they biopsied.  He didn't seem too concerned but he just wasn't sure what it was and what was causing it (by it, I mean all these red streaks and spots and stuff).  So now, it is just a waiting game.  I am having to wait until later this week.  I have to schedule an appointment and go in and sit down with the results.  So please say a prayer that everything is okay.  

Then Thursday night we had already planned to go spend a couple of days with Clynt's momma and step-dad.  We had a good weekend and it was SUCH a beautiful weekend and we were able to just hang out outside the whole time and relax.  Corbin ran around chasing cats, the dog, the horses, and so on.  He also knows how to turn on the 4-wheeler (which is NOT a good thing!).  But he is just an outside guy and had a blast just running and running!!! HE was very worn out by the time we left.  We did have a great weekend and we came back on Saturday night.

We went to church on Sunday morning and then went to HEB.  I always regret when we leave the grocery store having brought Clynt.  I can spend HALF the amount if I don't have him there.  Not to mention the amount of baking I have to do the next week because he picks stuff up and says, you have to make me a cheesecake, or a pie, or cookies, or whatever!  So, then we end up with sweets all over the house for the next week.  So I had 2 projects when we left.  1 was an ice cream pie (which is a really easy one!), so that is already done.  And later this week is a pomegranate cheesecake, which I knew was coming.  Every year when the fall hits, so does the pomegranate cheesecake.  It is a treat I make every year.

So now, today is relaxation day.   And then the rest of the week is pretty busy.  We are going to try out a MOPS group on Thursday, which I think will be nice!

Talk to you soon =)
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I hope everything is alright! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

    I would love to have that recipe for the pomegranate cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will email it to you when I get it out. I got the recipe several years ago and I have adjusted it a little to make it a little more to our liking. =) I have so many people asking for the recipe, but I only pull it out once a year! lol.

    ReplyDelete