Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Job

My job is a housewife and mommy.  So often people thing that that means that I have it easy, including Clynt.  Trust me when I say that I know how blessed I am to be able to just go and do what needs to be done.  I was a full time working momma for over a year, and all the same stuff at the house still has to be done, even though you are working 40+ hours a week.   That was so incredibly hard for me, so I give major kuddos for all you working mommas out their!

However, so often I don't feel appreciated or understood.  I do take care of my little guy all day long, every single day of the week.  He is a very good toddler, has a huge vocabulary, always happy, and really helps me around the house.  I spend a lot of time working with him on everything.  When the baby comes, I will do the same with the baby.  I am a major schedule nut, and once we get a routine, we will have schedules and Corbin will continue to get my attention and will get worked with one on one also during nap times.  The baby will get my attention too.  All of this is so important to me, but it takes a lot of work, planning, energy, and love to make it all happen.  Clynt sees all the perks to my job, but not so much every thing else......until,.......

TODAY.... Clynt actually stopped me when we were getting off the phone and said "wait.." and I said "yea", he responded "Thank you!", and asked for what.  He goes on to say "for taking care of Corbin, for taking him to the library today, for planning our vacation, for sending me cute pictures during the day, and just for being a great mommy".  You have NO idea how much that means to me.   It has been 8 months that I have been a stay at home mom, and I don't think he has ever said that to me.  I don't know what happened, or what made it click, because we werent talking about that at all, but it means so much!  i am just on cloud nine because of that comment that I had to share.   Today will be a good day, thanks to one sweet comment from the man of my dreams! =)



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment