Monday, January 3, 2011

Our 3rd Wedding Anniversary...

So, as you know, last week was our anniversary.  Clynt planned a night out all on his own and I was sooo excited!  His dad and step-mom watched Corbin for the night and we went downtown.  To start, we went to The Foundation Room.  This restaurant is a hidden secret.  If you weren't looking for it, you wouldn't know it was there.  You have to walk into a door on a street downtown, and then you have to let the guy know that you have reservations, and he opens the elevator for you.  You go up and VIOLA, you are in an incredibly gorgeous restaurant.  We got their at about 5:30 and our reservations were not until 6, so we sat in the lounge area and Clynt had a cocktail, and I had a shirley temple.  While waiting we walked around the place and LOVED looked at all the neat decor.

Clynt would have killed me if I would have brought my nice camera, so the pictures that I have are all from my phone.  Plus- the lighting in the place was soooo dim and the walls and floors so dark, that I couldn't get very many pictures to turn out on my phone.  Here is the best I could get of the walls.  The walls of the place were covered in this grogeous fabric and the floors were covered in Persian rugs.  It was amazing.


Then, it was time to sit and eat.  he is a picture of how the room was set up and how it was so exclusive.  

Clynt was uber embarressed of me taking pictures.  haha.  He doesn't understand bloggers. =)  For appetizers we had lobster tacos and a chicken dish, both were mouth watering!  It was delicious. Then for our entree, I had the New York Strip:
And Clynt had Mahi:


It was all delicious.  We visiting for a bit and then we walked to our next destination.... The House of Blues.

I had never been to the House of Blues, so I was excited.  The place was really neat! We went and sat in our seats (which were fabulous) and we waited for the show to start.  This is the funniest part of the whole night.  The show was.......... tribute bands for.............. KISS and AC/DC!  HA!  Can you believe it?!?

The whole Gene Simmons tongue thing was a bit much for me!  lol. The whole experience was crazy!  I am not a rock band person, but I could have laughed all night long.  I mean reality is that these were several old men dressed up in painted faces, crazy clothes, platform shoes, and instruments and one sticking his tongue out and shaking it, and the other ones dancing crazy... They could be someone's dad, ya know?!  Haha.... It was just hilarious!

The unfortunate part was that, remember the whole me being pregnant thing, I spent the whole time trying to gaurd the baby of the loud music.  Not to mention the part of me looking rediculous and pregnant at a stinking KISS concert. haha....

So we had to leave about half way through because the noise was just not suitable for a pregnant person.  However, I will NEVER forget this experience, and I hope that Clynt will take me back again (post-baby!)...  

Okay, well I hope you enjoys hearing about our anniversary! I love you babe!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment