Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cleaning

I think I have said before that cleaning is not at all my favorite part of my day (or week).  I am sitting here today looking at my house, thinking "I could really stand to do...this...that... and the other".  I told you all that we have a Mother's Day gathering at our house, so that means that the house needs to be spotless.  Or at least that's the way I think.

Don't get me wrong, our house is never a complete disaster, that would drive me crazy, but I really don't like doing the detailed stuff, and with a toddler in the house, their are usually some toys laying around.  But when guests come, I have a habit (like most of you) to make sure that all the detail work is done and so on.

So, as I am looking at all the stuff that I would like to get done, I am wondering what other mom's do.  How do you keep the toys picked up, how do you find the time to do bathroom cleaning, how do you keep things organized??

Okay, that's all ya get for today, because I have to get to cleaning!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Guess what I did for next Thursday's meetup?? I called White Gloves Cleaning service and I have them coming the day before. I do not do this often, but I'm tired and prego and don't want to kill myself before company comes over. ;-0, I also told Chris is was part of my mothers day present to myself! hahaaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. We too had a cleaning service for a while after Asher's surgery and recovery but we have given it up. My house is very rarely spotless-2 kids help to keep it that way! I do try to clean up at night (after the kids are sleeping) and do a little at a time, not try to tackle it all in one evening. My in laws are coming in this weekend so I've been trying to get those "detailed areas" I often try to overlook. Not fun, I agree! We are truly harder on ourselves about the picture perfect house than we should be! Ever heard the old saying "Cleaning house while the kids are growing is like shoveling snow while it is still snowing"? My thoughts are a perfectly clean house would be nice but I would have my priorities out of whack if it was...and what fun I would miss out on! I'd rather play than clean :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a cleaning service every 2 weeks. I try to pick up toys at naptime and after bedtime. That way when Eli gets up he has a fresh outlook on his playroom.

    ReplyDelete