Monday, May 9, 2011

Great Weekend!

This weekend was perfect. We only left the house a couple of times, which was wonderful.   Saturday was pretty busy for both Clynt and I so we took turns watching Corbin while getting stuff done around the house.  Right when we got up, I took Corbin to Wal-Mart to get some stuff for Mother's Day lunch, and to spoil Corbin with a few things (my Mother's Day gift to myself, since that is my favorite thing to do!).  While we were gone, Clynt was mowing the lawn.  Then we got home, and Clynt took Corbin to Lowe's to get some stuff for his bed, and to make a vase for me for Valentine's Day. Their little Saturday "Build and Grow" program is really cool, and Clynt was always complaining about me getting to do all the fun stuff, so now I send him the schedule for that, and he is enjoying going and doing something "manly" and free with his boy.  Wonderful stuff.  While he was gone, I had some computer stuff I had to get done.  Then when he got back,  we let Corbin play in the back yard, while I detailed the kitchen and Clynt worked on the bed a little.  Then my dad, Michael, my sister, and Matt all came over in order to get a few things that we were giving away (or giving back) from upstairs and decluttering to make room for 2 boys.  Then we had a birthday party, and then came home for Corbin to nap, while I went back to cleaning house, and Clynt went back to working on the bed.

For dinner, I cooked breakfast, and we just relaxed teh rest of the night.  It was great having the whole house clean and Garrett's room done, the office/guest room done, and Corbin's room done other than the bed.  Everything around here is looking great and so ready for baby, which BTW is only like 4.5 weeks away! yikes!!

For Mother's Day, I got a beautiful necklace/earrings set from Clynt and Corbin and permission to go get a massage (he didnt get a gift certificate, but he had intended to).  I also got a handmade card and a homeade vase (like I mentioned before).  It was perfect.  I couldn't have asked for more from my boys. =)

Church was great, and then we came home and snacked and visited with everyone, and then for lunch had filet mignon, mashed potatoes, salad, green beans, and cheesecake for dessert.  It was WONDERFUL and we were all very full!!  The kids played in a big beach ball sprinkler that I had bought for Corbin the day before, and in the sandbox, and on the big swingset we have in the backyard. They had a blast.  Then before everyone left, they helped me to clean my house back up, which was nice!

Corbin had fun telling all the mommy's "Happy Mother's Day!", which everyone thought was adorable. The whole day was just perfect.  We went and saw Clynt's step-mom and dad later that day to tell her Happy Mother's Day and had a little pizza for dinner.  Then we came home and got Corbin ready for bed.  He was WORN out from the day.  And so were we!  I read my bible for a little while and went straight to sleep.

Today, I have a huge headache, and am still tired, so we are just hanging out at the house working on laundry, and watching movies and playing games.  It's great!

I hope all you mommies had as wonderful of a weekend as I did!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment