Friday, May 6, 2011

Nesting

Can you tell Im nesting with all this talk about stuff getting done?!!  I didnt experience this with Corbin, because I was on a strict bed rest for so long!  I am driving Clynt crazy, but I am loving how stuff gets done!!  Cleaning is not so much fun, but the boy's rooms are both almost completely done, our guest bedroom and office are done, our game room is getting cleaned up and narrowed down to look really sheek and I now have an area to make a toy room upstairs also.  Which is nice when I am working in the office, to have him upstairs playing with his toys.

Clynt built a HUGE walk-in attic off the side of our gameroom upstairs a year or more ago, and let me tell you, it has been a lifesaver.  And if you know my hubs, you know that it is organized and everything for our little guy was found very easy and still in boxes. It is wonderful, though the time it takes him to do things drives me crazy at some points, it really is nice to have things done right and not be a complete disaster.  For instance, a good friend of mine had a little one over a year ago and when she went to start making baby food, I offered her our freezer containers for baby food.  I went upstairs and got them, and came down and we still laugh about it, but they were "shrink-wrapped".  Clynt had wrapped them in saran wrap and had them in perfect condition.  She gave them back to me recently and apologized they weren't wrapped so nicely!  lol.  That is just how Clynt does things.  Sometimes a bit odd, but definitely helpful.

So, anyways, things are looking amazing upstairs in my house.  Until yesterday, I had not dusted or vacuumed anywhere but Corbin's room in a LONG time.  I mean most of it NEVER gets used.  The pool table, big TV, elliptical, EVERYTHING was covered in dust.  Now, it is clean and looks great.  I am just loving this.  If it wasn't for nesting, none of this stuff would ever get done, because normally, I am a "if you can't see it, who cares" type of person.

I will post pictures of progress soon.

Corbin is LOVING it all too!!  He has SOOO much room to play and actually stayed upstairs while I was cleaning yesterday, he LOVES his room, and he loves his toys upstairs, he is just happy.  I think a happy mommy makes for a happy baby.  =)

Well, I have to go and get the boy ready for story time and then some time with Grandpa.  Im excited it's Friday, and Mother's Day is Sunday!!

If I don't get to say it HAPPY MOTHER's DAY to all you mommas out there!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment