Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Oh, the sweetness of my 4 year old!

Tonight I was talking to Corbin about how Jesus loves him. And little did I know it would take him into a couple stories about Jesus. My heart melts when I realize that Corbin knows Jesus and how much Jesus loves him.

So I asked him 'what all did you learn in church this weekend' (trying to keep his sweet little brain remembering!). He starts on the story of the deaf man in the bible. He says "mommy, Jesus can HEAL!!". "There was a man who couldn't hear and his friends brought him to Jesus and Jesus just touched him and now he is all better and can hear". (And he started combining in the story of the paralyzed man). "And mommy, the friends brought a sick man through a ROOF and Jesus healed him! Jesus can heal everything!"

Of course I agreed with him and started talking to him about how Jesus loves us and asked if he loved Jesus. "Yes mom, I love him! BUT MOM!" (And of course I ask what..) "There are some guys who don't like Jesus, and they are mean, and it made the whole world sad. And that's why Jesus was born a baby again!" Took me a second to figure out what he was talking about. Do you get it? It's so sweet how innocent he is. He doesn't realize the crucificition but he knows that people were mean to Jesus and Jesus was born again. And in his thinking that means he was a baby again. How precious and innocent. He is learning what Easter is but in just a precious 4 year old way.

Hats off to the staff and volunteers at our church in the youth area. The basics you give our kids gives so many wonderful conversations to be had. Melts my heart that he memorizes scripture and is learning so many important stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment