Saturday, April 17, 2010

Where have I been??

Everyone keeps asking me how I am liking not working full time any more, and my answer is that I LOVE IT!! However, I feel busier than I was prior to quitting. There was a lot of down time when I was working so I never felt rushed, and now I stay busy!! I have had several photo sessions in the last two weeks that I will be blogging about here in the next couple of days. They have been so much fun and my self esteem and confidence in photography is growing so so much! I love it!

Last week Corbin and I decided to try out a CARE group full of mommies and little ones! It was absolutely wonderful and exactly what I needed to start my week. I LOVED getting to spend a little time with other Christian mommies and giving Corbin a little time to hang out with some other little kiddos around his age. It was really an amazing day and I have to thank the LORD for placing me their to meet another group of moms. That is so awesome!

Then the rest of our week seemed busy too, Corbin and I always have something to do and when he naps, it seems like I dont stop working. I am doing to have to sit down and make a schedule for myself. Our photography business is going great and I am getting a pretty steady amount of business, but then I end up spending much of the week working on editing and finding needs or the business. I can search online for anything and spend all day finding the perfect options for stuff. This is a big problem right now. I need to focus on being a homemaker and making things happen around our house vs. working full time from home. The point to quitting my job was to spend my time with Corbin and working on the house, and to spend a little bit of time on this new career of mine. So, a schedule is a necessity at this point.

Anyways, we stay busy! We went to the zoo this tuesday, and I worked for a few hours on Wednesday at the Church. Then Thursday we went and took pictures of one our wonderful friend's little boy for 2 month pictures! Then daddy was off yesterday and we went to babies-r-us and then to lunch with my mom and dad.

Yesterday Amanda came in town and we went to get our DBA and to open a business bank account which we actually have a little money in! woo hoo! So, we now officially have a business. We have had a website and all that jazz for a while, but we finally made things official!! So things are steadily moving along!

This blog has been all over the place, but I thought that you could use a little blog for the day! I will also write on tomorrow!

Love you all! I hope you are having a blessed weekend! :)

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Things sound very exciting!! I know exactly how busy it can be wth photography, even though I was on the other side of the camera. You have to allow yourself those off days and say, "No. I'm busy today." so you can spend time with your loved ones. I wish you the best!!

    ReplyDelete