Thursday, March 24, 2011

Strawberries!

Yesterday Corbin and I took a trip down to Frobergs for some strawberry picking.  We met some of our good friends there and Corbin was so ready to see his buddy.   Corbin was into the picking for a little while and then he took his shoes off and went buck wild.  The child was in heaven having all the room to run, and running is what he did.  He ran up and down the rows.  It drove me a little bit crazy, not because I don't want him to have a good time, but because I am pregnant and it was hot.  At least I didn't have to chase him down too much.  He was just in his own world.   But, hey, what more can you expect of a 2 year old boy?!   I would have better pictures, however, as we were leaving the house, Corbin was making me late while debating what shoes he was going to wear (or would be allowed to wear).  While rushing to get out the door (since I HATE being late!), I managed to forget my camera.  So the pictures that I got are from my phone.  Not the best quality, but you get the point.




We then got a few veggies and some sausage at the smokehouse their and we had a picnic.  Well- our friends and I had a picnic and Corbin went back to being his manic self.  I love that he is ALL boy and is able to have fun anywhere, but sometimes it would be nice to have him sit well.  We still use high chairs at restaurants because if not, I would not get to eat.  And he does fine when contained, but outdoors for picnics make for a fun outing. ha.

We came home and the boy went down for a nap and this tired, FAT momma went to jam making.  It went much smoother this year than it did last year.  I did a double batch in order to make a lot for giving out, plus Clynt LOVES jam!  Here is a picture of all the jam (minus 2 jars).


Yum, Yummo!  After that day, I was exhausted and ready to sleep!   Hope you had a good one!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment