Thursday, March 31, 2011

Toddler Tuesday

 Discovery Green started doing a Toddler Tuesday where they have a different activity each Tuesday for Toddlers to enjoy.  Corbin and I decided to try it out this week.  We went with a couple of our friends and we all had a wonderful time!  Corbin is a rambunctous 2 year, and kept running around like a wild man, but he was having fun.  The activity was hosted by the Houston Dynamos, and they had this big thing to kick a soccer ball into, and they had their mascot their and then they even gave away a couple of sets of tickets.  I don't win stuff ever, but my girlfriend and her son did win a set.  So we were excited for them!  Im sure his daddy was super excited to hear about it!

Here is a picture of Corbin kicking the ball into the goal.  He had lots of fun playing around.  I have been horrible about bringing my camera with me lately and I will blame it on pregnancy hormones because I tell myself I am going to bring it, but I keep just forgetting it.  I have a terrible memory, and my pregnancy does not help it at all.  So these are from my iphone again.  And i didnt get near as many as I would have liked.  Corbin and his buddy ran around playing for a while and Corbin just had a blast.

Then, Corbin spotted the mascot!  It is the fox, and I can't think of his name for the life of me.  Corbin was in love though.  He loves all animals, mascots or not!  He cracks me up.  He must have gone up to the mascot 10 times, to hug him, high five him, give him thumbs up, take my phone and get a picture, and so on.  The mascot grew quite fond of him.  In this picture you can see how excited Corbin was to be held by him.


Then after Corbin really grew on him, the mascot picked him up and took off with him.  I followed of course, though Corbin could have cared less if I was there or not.  He was in hog heaven!!  Then he got a little special treatment.  See below, the mascot holding Corbin and letting him pick up the ball to put it in each of the holes.  Notice all the other kids hoping they were next.  However, they were not.  Corbin was the only one that the mascot did this with.  Corbin felt super special for sure, and I was so happy for him.  It was adorable. 


Side note** Corbin has a way with people.  Last night at our nephews baseball game Corbin spotted a pretty lady in the crowd who had peanuts and he went and sat next to her.  Of course, he managed to get himself some.  Then a little while later the same lady had M&M's so there Corbin went again.  He curled up next to her and asked super nice "M&M please"... She asked me if it was okay, and I said sure.  Then he told her "Thank you"... I didn't hear him say it, so I called over to him and asked him if he was being polite, and the lady turned to me and said that he had incredible manners.  I thought it was so sweet.  She was in love with Corbin, just like the mascot was. 

Okay, so back to Tuesday.  Clynt works downtown only a few blocks from Discovery Green, so we went to pick him up and went and had lunch!  Corbin loved getting to see his daddy and I loved it too.  Plus we all like eating downtown.  It was great.

Then Corbin fell asleep on the way home (which was 1.5 earlier than normal)... He napped for 4 hours and I had to wake him up for our next trip that day, the environmental fair.  Corbin had a great time there also with his Uncle Michael and Grandma and Grandpa and then daddy made a suprise appearance also.  Corbin's favorite part were the animals of course.  Then we went to dinner with everyone.  Then home we went.  This momma was tired!  

It was a very successful day... toddler tuesday!  
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment