Friday, February 1, 2013

Be nice!

How often do we tell our kids to be nice to other people? If you live in my house, or i suspect any house, it's very often. I tend to tell my kids to be nice alllllll day long. Or I say to 'say nice words', etc. but so often I see adults not saying nice words, and not being nice, including myself. But because we are grown, no one is there to say 'be nice', other than our spouses who often times need it said to them as well! Clynt and I talked until we fell asleep last night about being nice. I am a type of person who will agree with most things that are said just to avoid an argument or be rude and offend someone. Some people however says what they are thinking and I personally think it can offend people.

However, I hate to think that you can't have an opinion, so where is the line?

I've been offended many times by people's opinions and it doesn't make you like people more, that's for sure! So, that's where our whole conversation was. In my opinion (because we are allowed to have them), if you see people more than once a month and are in a relationship where you know eachother in and out, then it is okay to share your opinions that could be taken as offensive because those people love you and see the good side of you! However, if you see eachother once a month or less and the people don't completely understand you, I personally believe its best to just keep offensive opinions to yourself. Why put yourself in a situation where you may argue with someone who you don't see very often? Chances are you will see them even less. If I'm seeing people I haven't seen in a while, I always dress my best and I 'use nice words'. Those people don't necessarily understand me or know the every day me, and may only think of me for what I say in that one moment. I could be thought of as the 'girl that.....', instead of being thought of the 'really nice girl, that happens to believe.....'. Does that make sense?

I'm totally rambling. But I could not sleep at all because of this conversation we were having and why were having it :).

And I'll leave you with a picture of my big guy 'being nice!'

No comments:

Post a Comment