Saturday, January 26, 2013

Running

I grew up playing sports, primarily soccer. Soccer was what I did and did a lot of most of my life. I was division 1 and traveled allllll the time playing. It was fun, and challenging. Once I got out of playing (after my freshman year on varsity), I never looked back and did not miss it at all. However, the other day, I drive my presenter stadium with a bunch of girls playing soccer and it hit me hard that I missed being out there and playing and loving it. I LOVED playing in the cold weather, so that is what I miss the most.

Anyways, that was a total rant. Back to running. When I played, we had to run a lot! Soccer is virtually allll running. So when I was done, I never wanted to run a day in my life again. And I have gone back and forth ever since. I'm trying very hard to love it again and enjoy the peace of running. I realized a couple months ago that I simply could not run any kind of distance anymore, so last week I decided to start the couch to 5k program. I was so reluctant to do this because I never considered myself as a couch potato so the name of it made me hate it! However , I decided after not being able to run much distance anymore that I needed to start from scratch and train again. So here I am, on week 2. This program is great! Really, it's easy and gradual and I know that it the 8-9 weeks program, I will be good and back to my old self. (And hopefully 15 pounds lighter!!).. Though my diet is a whole other problem.

Anyways, I'm back to running and need some tips on some running shoes. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment