Monday, November 16, 2009

The weekend

This weekend was a nice weekend. I had to work on Saturday morning, so Clynt and Corbin headed off to the beach to spend a little time with Clynt's dad. After work, I went and I got my nails done. I found a new little place that did a nice job, and they offered mimosas, champagne, wine, soft drinks, or whatever you wanted to drink. I enjoyed myself, but I sure do miss the men in my life when I am not with them! Afterwards I went to Ellies and I found the PERFECT crown for Corbin's party. It is way too cute! I am so excited. About his party, we are still trying to plan it, but things are coming along. My girlfriend, Courtney is trying to come up with a way to do a homeade crown cake. She is very creative and so I am sure she will figure it out. I am starting to think that sandweiches will be the best option for our guests, so I was thinking about getting a crown cookie cutter and making little crowns! Wouldnt that be cute!

Okay, so the rest of the weekend. We ended up having a couple of our friends over for dinner on Saturday and then on Sunday we got up and went to church. Then we went and had a wonderful lunch at my parent's house. It was yummy and Corbin is always the hit of the party! Then we went with our CARE group to do a service project. We went downt ot he Brazoria County Alliance for Children in Angleton and we wrapped birthday presents for the foster kids of Brazoria County. This is a wonderful organization and we were able to learn more about it while we were there. It was very nice and we all had a really good time. Then what would CARE group be without dinner? So we went to Johnny Carino's and enjoyed dinner with many of our best friends! We always have a goodt ime when everyone is around. But this particular time was a little sad, because one of the couples was unable to be with us being she found out that he father has Lymphoma. They were at the hospital with him while they run tests to find out what stage it is at and what the treatment plan is. Please keep their family in your prayers! They are very much needed, but they are all very strong in the faith and know that God is walking with them through every step of the way.

We are headed to Alabama at the end out the week, so we are excited. We will get to see much of Clynt's family that we do not see on a regular basis and are very excited about that. Traveling gives me anxiety though, so please pray for safe travels and happy spirits for us. Corbin is going to be able to meet uncles and aunts that he has not met yet, so we are very pumped about it.

Well I hope everyone's weekend was good. Until later!

1 comment:

  1. Have you always had anxiety about travelling? Or just after Corbin was born?

    ReplyDelete