Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I stink!

Wow! I dont believe that I havent done a blog in over 2 weeks. I am really bad. I always get into things with high hopes and it never fails that I let myself down. Well, it has bee a very busy past couple of weeks so this will likely be a long post!

For starters, Clynt and I decided to take a trip to Alabama to see some of Clynt's family that we have not seen in a while. Clynt, however, would not make up his mind about when he wanted to go so it was somewhat last minute. Meaning, plane ticket prices were extremely high and so we had to drive! We thought that driving at night would help this process because Corbin is a good sleeper. BUT- turns out that he does not like sitting up while he sleeps! So he was very irritable. He did no cry much but he was sick of having to sleep in a strange position and he let us know it! He would wake up and fuss, then he would go back to sleep and an hour later he would wake up to fuss. It was not too much fun! I thought that I was going to get to sleep and let Clynt sleep when we go there, but instead neither of us go any sleep until the next night! But when we got there we were able to visit many of the people that we would really enjoy to see more often. We stayed with Clynt's oldest brother, his wife and their 4 kiddos! They all enjoyed having Corbin around and spending the time with us. We went to see a different group of Clynt's family every day we were there. We really enjoyed our visits and are going to try to make it a point to go once a year. It was a nice trip but man was I tired of sitting in a car!

So we came home on Wednesday and Corbin had his first dental appt. I dont believe that I forgot to take a picture but he did REALLY well! This dental office was for pediatric dentistry and it was brand new so they had TV's above every bed so Corbin just chilled and watched whatever show was on the TV. He did very well. The dentist said his teeth look great and they will start semi-annual cleanings in 6 months! Seems early but to me teeth are too important to not take care of. My parents were always sticklers for teeth so I guess that is where I got it from!

Both my parents and Clynt's dad and Charlye were have Corbin withdrawals, I think, so we went and saw both of them on Wednesday also. They were so excited to see them and Corbin was excited to see them also. Corbin wont even come to me if he is in my dad's arms. Crazy, I know! But it is fun.

Thursday was Thanksgiving and we went to see Clynt's dad for breakfast. In Clynt's family Clynt's mom and stepdad get Thanksgiving as their BIG holiday and Clynt's dad and stepmom get Christmas as their big holiday. Even so, we still like to go see both of them on every holiday. They are all family so we want to be able to see them on important dates. So we went and had breakfast with his dad and Charlye, and then we went to Brady's Landing for lunch with his Mom and stepdad. BRady's Landing was very nice, however I ate like a FAT COW! It was delicicous and we always enjoy the visit. We were there almost 3 hours. It was very nice. Then we went to my parent's house for dinner. Needless to say, i have gained 3 pounds and I really want to lose it before doing it again for Christmas! It was a very nice Thanksgiving and the best part was that it was Corbin's 1st Thanksgiving. We even bought him a shirt a couple of months ago and forgot to put him in it! LOL. Oh well... Here is a picture of Rachel, Matt and Corbin on his first Thanksgiving!

So Friday, Clynt decides he is going to go shopping at 4 in the morning! Bless his heart! I had decided that I wanted a really nice camera so that I could start taking nicer pictures and not have to pay so many people to do so! So, the one that i decided I wanted was the Canon Rebel t1i, Consumer reports has it rated comparable to the Nikon D90 (which is several hundered dollars more). So Frys has the one that I want for $150 off, and I couldnt find any better deals anywhere. This came with a nice lense and so it was totally worth it. So Clynt went to Frys at 5 when they opened. But since he was going shopping for me, he decided he must go for himself also, so he got to Sears at 3:45 because their doors opened at 4. He was able to do my Christmas shopping for me! YAY! Now, the majority of our Christmas shopping is done, I think we have 2 people left, so we are doing much better than any year before.

Then Friday we rested the rest of the day. We hung out at my parents for a little while, but we just sat on our hineys. So, Saturday we ended up going to see Pam (Clytn's mom) and Steve. Here are a couple of pictures from my new camera:






So we have had a busy couple of weeks and this weekend is Corbin's birthday party. I am making Crown shaped sandwiches, chips and dip, and we will have a crown cake and cupcakes. Corbin will be having a Giant Cupcake make with applesauce cake. Then Corbin will be wearing a crown while we enjoy the moonwalk and open presents. I am sure it wont run as smoothly as I hope. I am just hoping that the weather will cooperate. As long as it is sunny and in the 60s, I think we should be okay, and the big kids will play outside with the moonwalk. Did I mention the moonwalk is a castle to stay with the theme! Should be fun, but it seems like I still have so much to do.

Hopefully I will get better at this blogging this. Until later!

2 comments:

  1. WOW.....You were busy..............I know you all are tired but yes.......we are very proud you are home again.........so I get to play with the Corbinator again...............Is he walking yet........?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not yet, he is SOOO close! It wont be long, he has been taking a step here and there though. We are glad to be home too!

    ReplyDelete