Monday, December 13, 2010

Names, names, names.....

Picking out a name that your child will have for the rest of their life is kind of a big deal!  And for those of you who don't know, I am married to an engineer.  If you don't know what that means, it simply means he is anal!! He is a wonderful man and I won't trade him for the world, however, when it comes to making big decisions with him, it really does NOT come easy.  So, what I do is, I make a list in Word and I add any name that Clynt does not say no to to it.  He has not said yes to any of them, but he will say maybe to come of them.  So here are a list of my likes, and Clynt's "maybes".  By no means is this complete and it is not in any kind of order either.  Some are definitely higher on my ranking than others.


Drake
Micah
Brody
Grady
Garrett
Lucas
Logan
Brady
Jonah

I want a name that is modern, but not TOOOO out their.  You know, like Corbin! We aren't interested in "C" names because we don't want to be stuck with "C's" for every kid we have in the future.  

What is your favorite of these?  Or- Do you have any other names that you think we'd like?!   This is not near as easy this time as it was with Corbin.  I don't know that we will pick one until I am much further along in my pregnancy. Please, no negative comments-- remember, im hormonal!!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I like Lucas and Brody.

    I would keep in mind that a lot of these names are popular right now.

    Also, you could find names that have great meanings behind them.

    Like Brody means, a renowned ruler.

    You could always name him from a character in a book you like. I love the Chronicles of Narnia series, and in the last book one of the kings had the name of Tirian. It is different.

    Or do alternate versions of common names like in Spanish, Mathew is Mateo.

    Ivan is Russian for John.

    But for us, and me especially, I have the hardest time with boy names. So if and when we have another, we've got them (boy and girl names) picked out.

    Happy Name Hunting! :D I'm sure which ever name you pick out for your baby will be PERFECT. :)

    ReplyDelete