Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Gorgeous weather and an awesome family! =)

The past few days have been wonderful!  Outside time makes both Corbin and I in better moods and we have been able to soak up so much Vitamin D (which I have to take pills for because I have a deficiency) so it's wonderful.  The other day we were at Clynt's dad and step-mom's beach house, and I guess my preggo brain figured since it wasn't hot, I couldn't burn.  So I then became the only sunburned person that I know in the middle of winter! lol.  

Yesterday we also spent several hours outside.  We have a nice swing set in our backyard, so while I was doing house chores, Corbin was running around and playing in his sandbox and swinging and sliding and "flying" around.  =)  I love watching him!!  Last night when Clynt got home, it was Valentine's dinner time! I went ahead and fixed Corbin something to eat while Clynt cooked, so that He and I could enjoy our dinner and let Corbin play.  So then I helped a little with the cooking of dinner just because Clynt gets stressed out when cooking a lot and wants it all to be perfect.  So I help by boiling the water and making the potatoes and telling him when he should start stuff.  This keeps him calm and me happy! =)   He made a spicy garlic sauce for the lobster and cooked the filet mignon to a perfect medium rare, and some steamed asparagus with a thyme and garlic flavor, mashed potatoes, and a wonderful bread.  It was so perfect!  Here is a picture!


Jealous, huh??  It was sooo yummy and it was great to enjoy the dinner with my Valentine! =)  Afterwards we had chocolate covered strawberries and blackberries that Clynt made also.  He really over does it on his one day to cook a year and I feel so special.  He gets upset that I tell people it is the only day he cooks, so I explained to him yesterday that it doesnt hurt my feelings when he tells people that I don't mow the lawn or take out the trash!  We both have our jobs and I totally don't mind being the one who cooks dinner every night!  I love getting to cook for my boys! I don't mind it at all!   After dinner I sat on the couch and fell asleep. Man was i exhausted from all this sun! =)

Today is another gorgeous day, so Corbin and I got up and went to the park.  A couple weeks ago we discovered the perfect toddler park.  It has only toddler swings, and a huge play area that is square and has bridges and bumps and everything else for Corbin to just run free on.  It also has many slides that are all different but none are too big.  I don't mind Corbin going to big slides either, but I don't like going with out Clynt right now, because I am pregnant and if Corbin needs help, I don't want to have to climb to the very top of something.  So this park is perfect for us and he gets to run around like a crazy man!  Here's a picture!


We can play there for well over an hour and still be having fun.  The sun was getting in Corbin's eyes so he actually asked me "buy me glasses, mom?".  He has a pair but we havent been able to find them, so we went to the store from there and bought him some more!  He has such a big vocabulary now, it cracks me up!  I love it!

Anyways, now were home and it's nap time for both of us!  


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment