Thursday, February 17, 2011

Quiet time

I love the mornings where I wake up before Corbin does and am able to get some stuff done.  I gives me a good feel in the mornings and I really quite enjoy it!  So here is a quick blog with no interruptions.

Corbin is growing like a weed and talking up a storm.  It is so much fun to watch and listen to.  He has pretty good manners too!  If you sneeze, he will tell you "Bless you, mom"!,  when you give him something, he says "Thank you!", is you say "Thank you", he says"welcome!", if he does something he wasn't supposed to, he'll say "sorry, mom", and the list could go on.   I think it is so sweet!

He also has picked up quite an imagination, which is good (because I don't have one at all!), and he will "fly" aroudn the house or he will become a "monster" and scare you, or he will line his teddy bears up and take "pictures" (that's from watching his mom to much!), and so on.  I find it adorable and am very excited about his imagination.

Corbin is also in to his "my do it!" stage.  He wants to help, or do everything on his own!  He wants to "my carry it" for every bag I bring in from the grocery store, "my bring it" for everything I try to carry to another room, "my fix it" for every toy that needs new batteries and so on.  He can tell you exactly what he wants and he just wants to be a "MY BIG BOY!".  I have a love hate relationship with this part of his life right now.  I still want to do things for him and be his mom and love on him all I can, but I am very happy that he is learning his independence also.  This is one of the hardest things yet about mothering, I have to know when to let him be a big boy and when he is being tooooo big of a big boy.  I'm sure he is going to be an excellent big brother!

Talking about the baby, we went for our 23 week visit yesterday and baby GCW is doing wonderful.  He has a strong heartbeat and no problems to note.  I go back in 4 weeks and then I start my every other week appts.  That is when it really feels like the end of the pregnancy.  It is crazy how fast it's all going by.  I can't wait to meet him and to watch he and Corbin interact, talk, fight, hide, play, and laugh together.  Though, I have to say that I am still very sad about Corbin not being the center of my attention any more.  I don't think that he has a clue what is going on, and to me, that's not fair.  I want him to be as prepared as possible, but I don't know that that is really possible.  I mean reality is that until that baby is in my arms and Im losing the sleep and He has control of my body, I'm not really prepared for what is going to happen.  My prayers are with Corbin that he will transition easily into a 4 person family!

Okay, well Im going to go check on my little guy.  I hope you all have a wonderful day!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment