Friday, January 11, 2013

Boundaries

I have some very active boys. And when I say active, I mean ACTIVE! When Corbin was two, he would run, run, and run some more. Even last year when we would go to the children's museum, I would lose him 100x the whole time we were there. I think that leashes were made for him, though I never bought one. However, as he has gotten just a little age on him, he has learned some boundaries. Every day, I'm amazed at certain things he has learned behavior wise.

This blog comes after a morning where I was very impressed. A good friend and I took all our boys to the children's museum this morning. I have to say, I was dreading it the whole trip up there thinking Corbin would be running off the whole time, but if I didn't do things I was afraid to, then we wouldnt go very many places. I really just have to swallow my pride (and fear) and just go for it. He seriously stayed with me the whole time. (Though he did manage to get soaked in the water works area as he ran around there). However, that is Corbin liking to be dirty and wet and fun, so that was expected.

Anyways, after a successful trip in the museum. My friend said she wanted cafe express for lunch, which sounded really yummy to me. It was several blocks down the road, and so we decided to walk to get us all some exercise. Corbin walked slowly on the way there because he was still soaking wet, but on the way back, he wanted to run. We were on the streets of the museum district, so there were cars. I was nervous he would run off and not listen to me say stop. However, he would run several feet in front of us and I would say "ok Corbin, that's far enough" and amazingly he would stop and wait for us to get closer. It was amazing! Not that this is the first time Corbin has listened or anything but it's Just recently gotten consistent that he has some kind of boundaries.

He is still 100% a wild and crazy boy, but a wild and crazy boy with boundaries is a whole lot easier to deal with than one that runs off and doesn't listen well. This week has been perfect and the boys have not gotten into any trouble at all (at least nothing major). Every week proves to get a little more manageable and manageable means a little more fun!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment