Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Education

Education has proven to be one of the hardest things to make a decision on in parenting. Do you send to preschool, and where? What kind of curriculum do you want to use? Do you send to private school, public school, moved so your in better public school, homeschool, or what? What do you do? And how do you know what to do?

All of these discussions are in clynt and I's daily discussions. I think all parents do what they think is best and whatever you decide is best. I can only pray I'm doing the right thing. I also think that people value educations a lot differently. Some people don't think that having an extensive education is very important and may not put as much priority on it, other people think that a bachelors degree is a great level of education to achieve, some people have doctorates and think that is a more suitable education to achieve. Clynt and I both have our undergrads and seriously value an education, and hope our children are just happy in life and are as success as they want to be.

I do find myself emphasizing education and reading and math with Corbin a lot, and I also find myself getting frustrated when he won't write his name like I know he can (which Is so so bad on my part, if there is one thing I do know, it's to not get frustrated about things or he won't be excited to learn).

He is also in a private preschool and will be next year also. We have yet to make a decision on where we will send him to kindergarten. I see the benefits to every form of education that people do for their children and give major props to everyone for making the decision best for their own family.

This blog post has no answers whatsoever. Because I don't have any answers and you wouldn't want to hear them if I did anyways. I'm just writing this as I am searching the Internet for kindergarten preparedness information, and realizing their I'd a fine line between over preparing and under preparing a child. I don't want him to get into school and be bored out of his mind, but I also don't want him to get into kindergarten and be behind and frustrated. This is what has led to my confusion and this totally random blog.

Thanks for reading my ramblings,
Deana.

No comments:

Post a Comment