Friday, May 17, 2013

Differences

When I sit down and think about the many people that I spend the most time with, like our family, old friends, new friends, mom friends, church friends and so many more, I realize the number of differences their are between us. I mean, here's a short list of differences we have:

Religion, politics, parenting style, the way we spend (or don't spend) money, the way we eat, the activities we do, our sense of humor, how outgoing we are, and so on and so forth....

When I think about the many differences, I try to think of a common denominator between me and the dozens of people I spend time with, and this is what I come up with: it doesn't matter! God found a reason to put us into eachothers life, and I wouldn't change any of them for anything. It doesn't matter to me if your catholic and I'm not, if you spend every dime you ever make or if you save every penny in your pocket, if you whip your child or choose other methods, if you eat all organic or McDonalds daily, if you tell bad jokes or if u don't tell any jokes or if you sit on the couch all night or choose the gym. It really makes no difference to me at all. That's what makes life so interesting. If we were all the same, life sure would be boring.

There are times I sit and wonder why we don't have things other people have or why other people don't do things the way we do and when I sit and think about why I'm sitting and thinking about that, and i really feel dumb. Because it doesn't matter at all. I'm very blessed by so many amazing people in my life and I'm so so appreciative of each of them, no matter our differences!

On a side note, the boys and I went to midtown for the Houston fire museum with several friends. Here's a quick picture of my and my big man.

No comments:

Post a Comment