Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Let the training begin... Again

Last weekend I ran in my first ever 10k race. And considering I set my goals 3 months ago in the running thing and my goal for a 10k was not until October, I was shocked that I was actually able to accomplish that. To some 6.2 miles is nothing, but to me 6.2 miles is crazy!! I mean I couldn't even run A minute 3.5 months ago! So then I decided to reconsider my goals. I've stuck to this and am moving through my goals way faster than I had expected. I changed my October goal to be a half marathon by then. That's 13.1 miles!! Not sure if Ill be ready for it not but I started training yesterday and its only 9 weeks for the training, so given I stick with my runs, I should be well on my way.

Running, not only is good for my waistline, it's also a fantastic was for me to release the stresses of my days. Yesterday I was snappy and just stressed and worried and everything else. I went for a run and all of a sudden I had thought my way through some problems and I had moved on. I mean an hour to myself just listening to my breathing and my feet (and sometimes my music), is just plain therapeutic. Sometimes I pray, sometimes I just think about stuff, and sometimes I really think about nothing. Whatever feels right. It's just helpful!

My husband has been sitting back and encouraging me through my healthy changes and I've been telling him to join me. To which he has always had an excuse but yesterday, he actually was looking at my training apps and wanting to download them. He now really wants to get a double jogger and start trying to do it with me! My excitement about this is beyond belief. If he will push the stroller and come with me sometimes, it solves my issues of having to leave him right when he gets home and it will make me comfortable running in the dark. That's awesome! I'm so excited that he truthfully wants to get healthy too.

This healthy kick is contagious. I love seeing friends and family making little changes to be a little more healthy. It's been fun making this life change!

Here is my crazy awful finish line photo! The finish line pictures are always a hot freaking mess, but oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment