Thursday, January 7, 2010

Im doing good

Do you believe that I have blessed you all with a blog every day this week. Some days I catch myself worrying about so much, I dont know why. I used to worry, but now with Corbin, i worry all the time. Clynt and I have made some huge changes in the past 2 years and hope to continue to make changes in order to be happy and do the best we can to put Christ in the center of our lives. But as I am worrying earlier, I was listening to KSBJ (worshiping helps SO much!), and they starting talking about Mathew 6: 25-34~ 25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life[b]? 28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

This just made my afternoon. There is no sense in worry about things beyond my control. So I thought I would share that scripture in my blog today just in case any of you worry the same way that I do. Remember to smile and know that God has everything under control! :)

Well, we are watching the Alabama- Texas game right now. Clynt is, I think, rooting for Alabama because he is from Alabama but he is an Auburn fan so cheering for Alabama is not exactly easy for him, so he has a couple of time said something good for Texas. But man, Texas is not having any luck with getting their QB out of the game. That is a big bummer for him. Talk about worrying :)

Corbin has been kind of crabby tonight. I dont think that he gets great naps at the babysitters house because there are a few other kids there and he wants to be in the mix all the time. So when he gets home he is exhausted and fussy. That stinks for us, but I understand. He is getting better at the whole milk in a sippy cup thing. He is on 2 bottles a day now, so that is good. Next week we will be taking away 1 of them and then the week after another one. Then he will be solely on sippy cups and whole milk.. We use organic whole milk and I recently discovered an organic milk with DHA and Omega 3 in it. Have you ever tried it? I think this is a wonderful idea for Corbin, and that is just extra vitamins and nutrients for him. However, it is also lots of extra money. Organic milk is already 2X the price of regular milk, ringing in at $6 a gallon. And then when you add in the DHA and Omega 3, it runs $3.79 for a HALF gallon. With tax, that is about $8 a gallon. That looks expensive, but when compared to formula, I dont guess it is that bad. I try to use coupons and I had a coupon that brought the half gallon down to about $3 so I bought some and we shall decide about the future of this kind of milk. Any suggestions?

Tonight, I made breakfast for dinner. We had breakfast tacos and they were yummy! :) We are going to try to do a soup night and a breakfast night once a week. This is an idea courtesy of Courtney. it is a) to save money and B) to be a little different and we love soups and breakfast so to us it is no sacrifice. I think it will be great.

Okay, well tomorrow is Friday, but we will be eating in so maybe you will get another blog from me. Clynt is working from home on his Friday off, so I am wondering if that means overtime? I dont know how his company works. But I may or may not get a chance to blog.

While I am here, I want to congratulate Amanda on her new blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment