Sunday, January 31, 2010

Wow, it's been a while

Sorry yall for not keeping up with my blog lately. I have been super busy with life along with a sick child. Corbin was very sick this week, and so he was in my arms for 3 days straight while he slept and cried. It was super sad and I am so glad that he is feeling better, but now I am tired! It was a long week and I just want to close my eyes right a way. So I dont mean to fast forward my life for you all but i dont really know that i have the time to rewind it all and catch you up. But I will just discuss our weekend. Friday night we went to Casa Ole. It was Corbin's 1st day with no fever and my dad was back in town. He had had Corbin withdrawals for the week while he was gone, so he needed to see him, and we, of course, needed our mexican fix. We came home early and got Corbin to bed, then we were in bed pretty early also.

Then Saturday, we got up and went and got Clynt's mom a birthday gift. Today is her birthday. She has a big pretty barn and on the inside, she has a wall that she fills up with "stuff" like license plates, country items, stars and just "stuff". I have fun shopping for things for this wall. So we went to the store and got her a large wooden cross with barbed wire lining. It was super cute and I think that I would enjoy to have it on my cross wall but, I just got one for her. So continuing on with our Saturday, we went to my father in laws house for lunch, and then went home to drop off Clynt and Corbin, so that I could go set up the for the Rotary Winter Wonderland Dance. For those of you who did not that about me, I am on the board of the Pearland Rotary. It is a wonderful organization. i am the Interact Chair, and I am also the community service co-chair. So as part of my responsibilities, I had to help plan our special needs dance. It was a wonderful experience to plan and it is amazing how many people in this community want to help with such a special function. We invite all the special needs in Pearland to come to a dance and then the Rotary Club and the Interact students all come together to mingle and dance. It is a fabulous experience. So, I had to go set up, stay, and then tear down. I say that I "had" to, but once you are their, it is such an honor to be able to put on an event that is so important and loved by so many people, so I should say that I "got" to. After the dance, I went and had a glass of wine at Chili's with a couple of the other ladies in Rotary. I was a nice night.

This morning, we got up and went to church. Then I stayed to volunteer at the bookstore at the church. This is another thing that is wonderful to volunteer with. Doing anything for our church is wonderful, plus we get to fellowship with and enjoy so many of our closest friends. From there we went to Las Rosas with Clynt's mom for her birthday and then she came to our house to visit for a little while. This doesnt happen to often and so we really enjoy when it does. From there we went to our nephew's birthday party at the skating rink, which was nice because we get to see parts of the family that we dont normally see. From there we headed straight over to the church for the volunteer appreciation night. It was a wonderful night, and the show was absolutely hilarious, but I am just tired. We went and went ALL weekend. I really dont like that, because I just want to rest sometimes! This weekend is going to be just as bad though. I think that we have something going on each night of the week. I am pumped for next weekend to rest!!

Well, as I said, I am tired. So I will try to be better with my posts this week, and I will post some pictures on night also.

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment