Friday, February 19, 2010

At least it is not a week later!

So my friend Amanda, whom got me into photography and blogging (man, she has changed my life!) is finished with her wedding and is now showing me up on blog posts! HAHA! And today she blogged about her son Ian, very good reminder to me. The only blogs that I have had in the past 2 weeks have been about photography. If I keep that up, I will simply need a photography blog, so the readers of my regular blog can get back to why they started reading this blog. So today I will update on our lives, and on Corbin.

Corbin is getting so big, so fast! No, he is definitely not the biggest guy in the world, but compared to how little he was, I think he is getting bigger. He is really getting much taller. He looks like a little man (::tear::), he is just growing up way too fast. He is a little over 20 pounds at 13.5 months. He is still rear-facing in his car seat, and due to the fact that he is rather tall, his legs are a bit tight. I feel bad for him, but I am really just concerned about his safety. To me (and Clynt) it just seems logical that rear facing is safer! So, that is what we are doing for now. He is walking all over!! He tries to run, but will simply fall on his face! It is so cute though! He is also talking a little more. He says "hi" and waves and any woman that will look at him long enough. Well, maybe not any woman, sometimes he is shy and he smiles while burrowing his head. He also says "thank you", you may think man that is good for him already, but he has it a little mixed up! He says "thank you" when he hands me something. I say it every time he gives me something, so now he thinks that when he should say it. So we are working on that whole process now. Corbin also LOVES books. If he says one and you are near, you better beware! He will pick it up and bring it to you and sit there and look at you until you read it. It, too, is rather cute, and I never mind reading to my little cutie pie! Let's see... what else is Corbin up to? Well, he is always doing something new so I will share more later.

Now for what we've been up to. We went to Austin last weekend (which you all knew already, based on my last post). Then this week, has been a very busy one also. Monday night we had dinner with Clynt's family. His step dad is in town and wanting to get the whole family together, and we went to Gringos, so it took FOREVER. Then on Tuesday, I had a board meeting, and the I went home and we went and saw our friends Tommy and Courtney in the hospital. Courtney went into labor a little over 4 weeks early. Asher was born and weighed close to 7 pounds but he has been having some troubles breathing. He is in the NICU still, so please please keep the family in your prayers. I can only imagine how the must feel. Then Wednesday, I did the Dream Dinners thing. That was cool deal, you should all try it out! Thursday, I cooked dinner and then ran a couple of errands for Tommy and Courtney, and fed my parents dogs. Tonight we went to dinner with my sister. So this has just been a busy week, and I have to work in the morning too. So I am bummed. Never any time to relax :(

One more quick thing... Please say a prayer for my mom. She resigned from the Neighborhood Center this week. I am super stoked that she did, but it is a big step for her and my dad. The people that are in charge on the board of the Neighborhood Center would have my mom in tears on a regular basis. They were rude and would harass her and make he feel like she was nothing. It is unbelievable that people can make other people feel this way. When you are hired for a position you should be treated like that is what you were hired for. I hope they read my blog, although I doubt they do, but I think that they really need to know that is SO SO wrong to treat people the way that they treated her. No one ever deserves anything like that, and neither do the people that did that to her. It isnt fair, and I hope they know that it affects not only her but everyone else in her family.... Sorry to have gotten on a tangent, but i have to get some things off my chest. I wish there were other things i could get off my chest also, but I know of certain people who actually do read my blog and i dont like drama, so I hold way to much inside! I wish I was more free going!

Anyways, this was all a little bit of a ramble... Hopefully and good bog will come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment