Monday, February 15, 2010

Austin this weekend

Clynt, Corbin and I went to Austin this weekend. We went to see an old friend of mine get married. Amanda and I played soccer together when we were like 8 years old through the age of 15 or so. Then I didnt see her again until a couple of months ago. She had a son about 8 weeks before Corbin was born. I posted something on Myspace one day about something with Corbin and Amanda replied with an answer and ever since then, we have talked at least twice a week since then. It is so fun to get to catch up with someone whom I was such good friends with so long ago. Her wedding this weekend was absolutely beautiful! It was a gorgeous Valentine's Day in Austin, until about 8 minutes before her OUTDOOR wedding began! Then, a horrible wind storm came trekking though! It was way to late to move it indoors, so the outdoor wedding went on. It was beautiful, just cold and windy. Amanda was beautiful and it was all about their day so no one complained! It was perfect!!! Then the reception was indoors. Corbin and Ian (her son) played and ran around the whole time, they were rather cute! We then left at 8 to head home and man are we tired today. That would be why this blog will be short (not that any of my very few blogs have been long, but that is beside the point). Now that Amanda's wedding is over, maybe she will get me back into my routine blogging!

While we were in Austin this weekend, I took Corbin out to take some pictures on the UT campus. Clynt and I enjoyed our walk around while I spotted out shots for pictures. It was a little cold and Corbin was loving his stroller ride so he wasnt too happy to get out only to take pictures, so I didnt get too many awesome ones, but I didn get several that I will likely get made into a 5X7. Clynt is so excited about my photography adventures, so much so that he has all kinds of ideas! I love Clynt, but i am the one getting into photography, so I was a little discouraged this weekend when Clynt was not being patient with me having to figure the manual settings on my camera as we were going from shade to sun, and back again. He was pointing here and there and getting upset that I couldnt keep up. He will probably be upset that I mentioned all this in my blog tonight, but I do still love him, and I know that all he was trying to do was help. I am simply the type of person that wants a little space as I try to learn new things. So anyways, I love my husband more than he could ever imagine, i just could do with out his photography advice! haha. Okay, well here are some of the shots I managed to take this weekend.

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgzDbvRp_cLJMRcjUdhljpZTa6q3YnDHYJVvVXfpwsQ5pMWkaNbgEUIR47DYFPqhNIoFjlconQ_eyjRKcuq3jWxGLXDFM59fdiTPONkEy5a6hiQTRCb54BHpBY9itX6GlD-5EUH__WQvSfk/s1600-h/Austin+5.jpg">






Isn't my little boy just one stinking cute kid?!?! I just love that little smile (and frown) so so much!!

Well, I am off to bed! I hope to be back on sooner that once a week, like I have been doing lately.

Oh yea, 1 more thing. I want to thank Sabrina with Sabrina K Photography. I had Corbin's pictures and our family pictures done with her in December. She did a fabulous job and she emailed me afterwards with very encouraging words about photography. This has helped to spur much of what you are seeing now. She and I email almost every day and most of it is her giving me advice about equipment, pictures, lighting, and anything and everything about photography. She is a stay at home mom of her little boy and owns her photography company and does lots of excellent work on the weekends! She is wonderful and i do not know what I would do without her expertise. She has been my mentor! Anyways, if any of you need an excellent, experienced photographer, please look her up, www.sabrinakphotography.com

Blog out!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I really like the 3rd picture! Corbin is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. . .you're too kind. I've enjoyed our conversations so much. Love #3--will e-mail you with a few comments later today! Looks like a fun trip! Corbin is growing up SO FAST!!!! He's changed so much since December!! Wow!!! You completely understand why I do what I do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you both (amanda and sabrina) have the same thoughts. That one is one of my faves also! Thanks for posting comments on my blog! I get so excited! LOL! I a loser. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the third picture down is my favorite too!!! Very artistic and interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete