Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter activities

Corbin is old enough this year to enjoy all the Easter activities.   Yesterday we baked cookies and gave them to all of our friends and family.  Corbin had so much fun.  He helped me actually make the dough, then cut it out with the cookie cutters, and then add candy to the top of it.  He would say "one candy for cookie, one for me!".  It was adorable and so much fun.

Then today, we decorated eggs.  I boiled a dozen eggs this morning, then went and got Corbin up and I forgot about them.  So I had 7 that weren't cracked.  So then, I decided to boil 5 more so that we could have a dozen, and guess what?  I forgot about those too!  ugh.  So, 3 of those came out not crack.  I decided I wasn't cut out for any more.  I did go ahead and add 2 broken ones so that we had a whole dozen eggs to decorate.

Corbin got to put the eggs in the dye, and use the egg tatoos and stickers to decorate them.  He had a lot of fun.  But his attention span was only REALLY good for the first half.  Then the others were just dyed and got just one or 2 stickers on it.  But that's okay, it's all about them being for him.  So it was fun.

Here are some pictures. :







I love how every year we get to add something new to each of our holiday traditions.  It's  so much fun how excited Corbin gets about stuff.  I love. 

I am exhausted today.  We got up and did breakfast with my mom, Wal-mart for a couple things we needed, then easter egg decorating, then baking more cookies for daddy and for our friends we're visiting tonight, then I had to order lots of pictures, now working on laundry, and I still have a couple of other things to do.  Whew, I am resting right now though.    Last night I got to go spend time with all our CARE group ladies and get dinner and get our toes done.  It was wonderful.  This week has been great! Im ready for some relaxing now.  


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment