Friday, April 29, 2011

The weekend is here

It's the weekend!  Well, at least for my little family it is.  Clynt gets every other Friday off and today is that Friday, so we get to hang out as a family today.  Yes there are still a couple things on the "to-do" list, but the only thing today on that list to spend time as a family.  So Clynt wants to know what a day in life of me is like.  And Fridays are a good day for that, because Story Time happens at the library on Friday's also, so he can join me to that and the park, and maybe a couple of errands.  But not before getting up, letting Corbin pick a movie to watch while I cook breakfast and catch up on a couple of things.

Not sure why is so interested today, but he has been asking me about times to leave and times things start and where stuff is and so on and so on.  I kind of like it.    When I asked him if he wanted breakfast, he replied "Im a little hungry but you don't have to cook anything", to which I said "I cook every morning, so if you want something let me know".  Then I said "Im making a breakfast sandwich, do you want one?", and he has the guts to say "a frozen one??!".  I thought, are you kidding?!?!  When have I ever fixed you a frozen breakfast, or for that matter frozen lunch or dinner?  I guess, for the last couple months he has been so busy on his Friday's off that he has paid no attention to the things that I do.  And I guess he just thinks that I don't do anything for breakfast, and that the only meal I cook each day is dinner.  He must have forgotten about the fact that I have a 2 year old to keep up with all day.  Silly boy!

Anyways, so now we are getting ready to go to story time and then the park.  Then, Im sure we will have a couple stops after that.  Then home to relax and probably dinner with my sister, Matt, and my little brother later.  Sounds like a good day to me.  I hope Corbin cooperates with Story Time and Clynt gets to see how cute it is.  Though, Corbin acts like a completely different child with his daddy around.  you might say that he doesn't get in near as much trouble when Clynt is in charge, and he probably gets a few more sweets and so on.  Clynt likes to be the good guy because he thinks I am a good guy all week. ha!  He sure does love that little boy, and I think it is absolutely adorable. =)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment