Thursday, September 23, 2010

Play Groups

When I first started staying at home with Corbin, I thought I was going to go crazy.  I cannot stand not having interaction with people on a regular (or even hourly) basis.  My sanity was well worth me still being at home with Corbin, because he was much happier already.  However, I knew right away that I would need to make some more stay at home mom friends, so that is what I have done.  For starters I have joined 2 different play groups, which is really awesome.  Only one is very active, but still I am in communication with lots of other mommies.  The one that is active has other parents that are actually eco-nuts like me!  That is something else that i needed.  I needed more moms (or dads) around me that don't think I am nutty for cloth diapering or composting, or anything.  Before that I only had 2 or 3 people in my life that did the same thing.  Now with my influencing and also meeting more moms, I am just one of many that do these things, or desires to do these things.  I love it.

The other problem that I had when deciding to stay at home was finding free activities to do.  So we have really managed to do that.  Not only with play groups (which are only a very minimal fee per year), but we have found libraries that do activities too.  Being around a lot of the kids in a group setting had helped Corbin lots with his shyness. I am loving that he is starting to open up and starting to talk a lot more.  The little guy is really developing such a little personality, I just loved it.  

We are going to start going to MOPS soon also.  A couple of my favorite mommy friends and I decided to start a bible study, or just getting into the Word a little bit during our long weeks with kiddos.  We have found a MOPS group that we are excited about going to.  We are really excited and I am just excited to meet some more moms and to fellowship with some Christian Stay at Home Moms.

Anyways, my life has become so blessed and filled with so many wonderful activities and I am just so so excited!

Bible study of the month will be the book of Titus!  Thanks Courtney for coming up with it.  I am so blessed to have other wonderful moms in my life. =)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment