Saturday, September 25, 2010

Priorities

Today was a good day.  We went to Hobby Lobby and bought some goodies for crafts with Corbin and for my cake pops (yum!).  Then we went to Barnes and Noble where it is all too common for me to spend a fortune.  Corbin loves to read and I LOVE reading to him.  It is a blast.  So we go get some books for Corbin and one for the little boy that had a birthday party today.  So that leads us to our next activity, going to a birthday party.  It was such a cute birthday party with a Sesame Street theme, and the whole thing was super cute and Corbs had a blast.  Since I told you yesterday how much Corbin loves Elmo, you could only imagine how much he loved this party, and especially his Elmo cupcake!  yum!

Then we came home and I made cake pops.   And some cake balls.  Now, these are not very pretty but I am just testing different things because I want to have cake pops for Corbin's b-day in a few months.  So I am just playing.  The next set I do, I will actually decorate, and stuff.  These I just dipped in the chocolate candy, but I am going to do some white chocolate with food colorings and make them different colors and then add sprinkles and stuff like that.   But they tasted awesome!  Corbin really loved them, and I think it will work out perfect for a 2  year old birthday party.

Okay, and now to the reason why I titled this post "priorities".  This afternoon Corbin and I had a play date with a friend and her kids (one of which is only a couple weeks older than Corbin).  The topic of much of our conversation was priorities.  THINGS CHANGE (or at least they should) when you have kids.  Your kids become at the top of your priorities (well... behind God, and your spouse).  Loving, nurturing, taking care of sick kids, and giving kisses should then become the things that you WANT and LOVE to do.   Where you spend your money for sure changes also, and that's a given.  I was watching a show the other day and the mom on the show was their because her daughter died at just a few weeks old. The mom claims she didnt have the money for gas and no one to take her to the hospital evern though her daughter was having trouble breathing.  BUT-  The mom had gotten a tattoo a couple days earlier.  The person hosting the show made sure to let the girl know that that was crazy!  If you are that tight on your money that you can't even afford gas if your child needs to go to the hospital, then you shouldn't spend the money on a stinking tattoo.   

So, things change.  It doesn't mean that you should never have time to yourself, or spend money on your self, but you should definitely think about other people (your children) first. =)

Corbin, I LOVE you!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment