Thursday, September 13, 2012

4 years ago

4 years ago today IKe hit in the Houston/Galveston area. It left us evacuated and with no electricity. I was 6 months pregnant with Corbin and refused to come home to no electricity. But it was not a terrible experience, we were all safe, no major issues with our homes and life was really in a great place.

So all the talk today about 4 years ago got me thinking about what I was up to then. It was probably our busier year of our lives. We had gotten married about 9 months prior, I graduated from UHD about a month prior, gotten my first 'real' job as the assistant director of Keep Pearland Beautiful about a month early, found out I was pregnant with Corbin about 4 months earlier, and to stretch it out a little bought our first house about 1.5 years earlier. It was a very busy time in our lives and boy was it fun!! Those were all amazing firsts in our life all done in such a short period of time. It was amazing and surreal and went by way too fast. We met amazing people that we can still call our friends, we bought a house that is now our home for our family of 4, and had a job that I no longer have because it made realize how much I wanted to spend time with my own kids. Corbin brought more love than we had ever experienced in our family and still does. It was just incredible, all of it, incredible!!

Things change but are still amazing and some years just bring so much joy to our lives and have so many changes and so much fun that will never forget. 2011 brought Garrett, a new job for Clynt, and a change in churches. All were difficult adjustments but huge blessings in our live now.

Here is to many more years of first, changes, and blessing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment