Monday, September 24, 2012

Patience

Wow! Last week was a lesson in patience for me and my boys. Twice we were in situations where we had to wait, and wait, and wait. Both times it was just me and the boys and twice I was amazed at how they handled it!

The first time was the shuttle! Endeavor made its way to Houston last week and I thought it would be a cool opportunity for Corbin to see. I asked him if he wanted to go and he said yes, but then we stopped by my parent'a house and he played with my brother a while so I changed my mind and we didn't go. Then we left their house around 6 and Corbin said, "mom! I want to go see the space shuttle, please". I thought about it and called clynt who said that he would be working a while and it would be good for me to take then bc it's a once in a lifetime thing. I agreed so off we went. We got about 2 miles from there and bam! Traffic! And I mean traffic! It took me 1.5 hours to get the 2 miles to Ellington and then it took us about 1 hour to walk up and in line and back to the car. I was blessed in this adventure though! We ran into friends while walking up! They were able to take pictures of us and keep me company for a little while. Amazing and a complete blessing! We get back to the car and start our drive home which took an hour and it was only 15 minutes down the road. So it was AB adventure but we got pics and other than Garrett crying for a little while bc he was tired, the boys were great.

The second test was with the iPhone 5. Clynt and I have both needed and upgrade for a while and decided to wait for the iPhone 5 to come out instead of doing it a while back. It is not at all in our nature to get thing the days they come out but we had been waiting a while and I pre-ordered them so it was not a major deal. I mean I would never go wait in a line to get a stinking phone! However- 2 days after I ordered the phones, I got an email saying 'order cancelled'. Something messed up with the phone number when I upgraded and Clynt's phone (and only Clynt's phone) was cancelled. Mine was still coming but his was not and at this point I was told by the customer service rep, it would take 3-4 weeks to get one for Him. I felt terrible, SO I decided that I would take the boys and stand in line to get him a phone that day. Like I said, I would NEVER do this, right? Except for my much deserving husband. So off we go. They had Oreos and Cheetos and lots of healthy stuff to feed us in line and my boys were amazing! So much so that when we went back later that night to get Clynt's numbers transferred on his new phone , I had more than one person remember me and comment on how well behaved my kids were. Now that's patience for a three and one year old to behave in line to get a phone! I was proud of them (and surprised to be quite honest). Anyways, we got his phone and drove out to the galleria to deliver it to him.

It was a long week of waiting and learning, and went more smooth than I could have ever asked for. I'm suprised more and more every day when I can accomplish things with the boys. They are getting older and life is getting easier and more 'doable' for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment