Thursday, September 27, 2012

Playgroups

When I first started staying at home people would ask me what I was going to do to make sure my kids would socialize or would ask me how I don't go crazy. Hey, I'm a social person and I need to be around people or I loose my mind. Talking 3 year old talk all the time doesn't quite cut it to make me feel like I'm a well balanced adult! So, I got online and found some ways to get involved with other moms who are doing life as a stay at home mom. Now I'm happily involved with a couple different moms groups and get to enjoy time with new friends on a weekly and sometimes daily basis. We go to our houses, libraries, parks, the zoo, museums, bounce places, splash pads, bookstores, ice cream shops, restaurants, and lots of other places together. We do life together and get our kids out socializing and having fun. And yes, we do lots of socializing ourselves. It's the most amazing thing in the world to be able to have other moms to talk through problems and trials, and successes with. We can talk personal things, kid things, husband things and all sorts of things. I can now call all of these moms my friends. We get each other and are at the same points in life.

I have people tell me all the time that they couldn't be a stay at home mom, not because of financial reasons or anything, but just because they think it would be boring to be home all day with kids. I truly believe that if they were able to get involved with the same ladies that I have that they would not feel that way. My mom friends are amazing and are some of the best people that I know.

Thank you, thank you, thank you all for being supportive of me and my kids even when we have bad days. You all make this stay at home mom thing so much easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment