Sunday, September 30, 2012

My parents

When I was a teenager, my mom was the last person in the world that I wanted to talk to. I'm pretty sure 90% of all teenager girls go through this and this is the main reason why I didn't want a girl. I would never want a kid to treat me the way I treated my mom. Never. I can only imagine how hard it must be to have a teenage, hormonal girl.

However, I look back and my parents were amazing. Sure, they weren't perfect, just as I am not a perfect parent but they did everything in their power to make sure that my life was good and that I would become a successful adult! Until now, having children and my own finances, I didn't realize how much time and money went into my sister and I in everything that my sister and I wanted and did. I mean I played division one soccer growing up and it was just a way of life. We travelled at least once a month playing, had trainers, uniforms, equipment, hotels, flights, and everything else. I can only imagine how much money that would cost them and especially times TWO!! We were just that important to them and I am forever grateful for them! I hope that when my boys are grown they can see that I put anything and everything into them just as my parents did.

Now this is not just about soccer, but about the fact that we were my parents world. We were always put to a very high standard, which honestly drove me crazy, however it made me push my hardest to make great grades and get through college in 3 years. It made me a stronger, smarter woman.

They gave me amazing memories, and the ability to travel and see so many great things. I have been to pretty much every cool thing in the United States and I'm trying now to give that to my kids.

They spent every waking second with us and were at every game, show, practice, and everything else in the world we did. And now, it is no different. They come to everything for our boys, and for clynt and I. They haven't missed a happy moment in our lives as adults and they have taken clynt under their arms and have become his second parents.

I'm proud to call them my mom and dad and can only hope that my kids think half as highly about me as I do them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment