Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas decor

So, continued with the home talk and the Christmas talk, I wanted to share that I did final get my home decorated. Well, the inside. We bought the outside lights in hopes that our lawn guy (who also will do Christmas lights) would have some last minute time to do it. But he did not, and clynt doesn't have time (nor does he like to get up to the top of our two story house) to do it. So yet again, the outside will likely not get done. Oh well.

However the inside looks pretty. In a pretty simple girl. I like simple with a hint of glam. I like to spruce simple things up with a little sparkle! So my house is not super super decorated, and it's definitely not the traditional green and red. I prefer silver to gold generally but Christmas time is different. I prefer gold. Maybe is because our annual ornaments from the Danbury Mint are gold so I always do gold and red on the tree, but either way, that's what I like. I also so the white lights and white stuff around as well. But we like and Corbin and Garrett just love the tree, which is what it's all about. They got to pick it, so of course it was huge (which is okay because I love huge trees!). The picking of the Christmas tree was always a family tradition growing up and so I like to do the same for our boys. We all go, and I take pictures of the boys picking it out. It's so much fun! Then we get lunch, come home and the boys watch as we bring it in and then they help decorate a couple things and I finish it all while the kids sleep or nap. Anyways, we all love the real trees and plan to keep that tradition a live for a long time. Here are some pictures of little decorations around. Then I would like for you to tell me some of your traditions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment