Monday, December 17, 2012

It's morning like this

After a long week last week and an even longer weekend with a 2 day trip for a funeral of someone I loved very much, I decided to take this morning and spend it doing fun stuff with my kids. That meant no school for Corbin (it's his first missed day all year). It also meant planning out a morning just for the kids. :). First stop, donuts holes! Yum! Next stop, playgroup! Corbin has missed our Monday morning playgroup since he started school, so his friends were excited to see him and he was excited to see them. :). It was a fun morning visiting friends (both for the kids and me!). After that we headed to bass pro shop. We saw Santa and then played with all the toys and picked out a few to bring home with us. We then went to the Islamorada Restaurant for some yummy food and time to visit with the boys. After 2 hours in bass pro shop, we headed home! Now they are napping. We had several people stop to tell us how well behaved the boys were and also to accept all the kisses Garrett was blowing.

The boys had a fantastic time and I enjoyed it more than them. Getting to spend my life raising my boys can be hard at times, but seeing those smiles on their faces every time we enjoy something together is simply amazing. I know that while I get frustrated at the occasional fit, these days are all days that I will never get back. They are days that I will only remember the good from. (Maybe an occasional bad, but you know). The truth is you never hear someone with teenagers say, I remember how terrible my kids were, and I remember every bad thing they ever did. More often you hear people who have teenagers, or grown adults, saying "my kids never did that", or "my kids were doing this or that by now". All the while you remember their kids and the bad things they did. Its just that moms have a way of suppressing the bad and holding on to all the good. It's the most amazing trait in the world. I don't want to remember every bad thing my kids ever do, but I most definitely want to remember the mornings like this morning. I pray I never forget all the good moments. They are so amazing and so worth any of the bad moments that you have along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment