Saturday, December 29, 2012

Days like these

Today is a very special day in our household. An anniversary for Clynt is and I. And 5 years at that! In 2 weeks it will mark 7 years from meeting him. And today is also out oldests 4th birthday! Yes, that does mean we had him on our first anniversary. We have not ever gotten to celebrate our anniversary on our anniversary because I simply won't leave my son on his birthday. So we eat at chuckee cheese on our anniversary every year. Jealous?

Anyways, today, in my mind should be perfect but as of yet, we have never had a perfect December 29th. Last year Garrett has strep throat, rsv and double ear infections, this year he has double ear infections and is beyond cranky. And Corbin had a little cold and is cranky as hell. If one has not been crying, the other has. I want to cry half the time and am embarrassed by their behaviors the other half of the time. But here is the reality (that my sweet mother in law always reminds me of), this too will end. One day they won't even be around for their birthday and I won't be eating at chuckee cheese for my anniversary. One day, Corbin won't cry when he is touched just because he is tired. One day Garrett won't want to be held, standing up, every time he is sick. One day these things won't be my reality. So, I suppose, even though I cringe at the thought of how imprefect a seemingly perfect day is, I shall embrace it. And love these little boys for who they are and how old they are (bc, lets face it, that's half the problem!).

On a side note, it's absolutely impossible for me to imagine that it has been 4 years since giving birth to my big boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment