Thursday, December 6, 2012

Work work work

My sweet husband does a lot for this family of ours. He's pretty awesome, but here it is... He's an engineer. For those of you who are married to or know an engineer very well, you know what that means. I have heard there are the occasional 'normal' engineer but all of the engineers that I know and have known are a different breed of person. He is anal, a perfectionist, needs control, and lots more. I am farrrrrrrr from any of these things (well, maybe not the needing control part ;) ) . And I guess it's true that opposites attract. Here is an example of our extremes: I put a cross on the cross wall. I put a nail up by eyeballing it and then put the cross up. Clynt puts a cross on the cross wall. He needs a laser level, a regular level, a stud finder, a measuring tape, and 5 other tools that mean nothing. This is how our lives are. I under achieve, and he over achieves. It's humorous and we both laugh at each other often. The perk to being like clynt is that clynt can do ANYTHING, and I mean anything. He can build stuff with wood, weld stuff with metal, fix electrical problems on anything, fix gas problems, fix vehicles, rebuild vehicles, solve any kind of problem consisting of numbers, tell you all about any animal or any other random fact that you would ever want to know, and so on. He is absolutely incredibly smart. And I LOVE that so so much! But there are times when I just wish something could get done in 5 minutes instead of 5 hours.

The other thing about his job is that he works A LOT! Now that's not necessarily an engineer thing because at his last company he did not work any over time at all. However since I am blogging about his work, this has to come up. It has to do with his personality of over achieving and spending forever to make sure everything is perfect. It is not mandatory that he be at work a lot but in order for him to be able to do his job at the quality that he likes to do it, that is the way it goes. His determination at work has paid off and things have been really good to him (and us).

I appreciate my husband and how perfect he can be, anal-ness and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment